1986 300E Heat Problem

I have had this problem with the heat in my car ever since I bought it and was wondering if someone can help me. No matter what setting I select on the Pushbutton Heater Control unit, I don't get any hot air coming out of the vents at the feet. However, lots of heat and airflow comes out of upper vents and windshild defrost vents. Has anyone had this or a similar problem that they were able to rectify?

Reply to
premji kerai

where the heat goes is controlled by vacuum servos. so you might have: a broken servo, broken vacuum line, no vacuum, a broken control block that sends vacumm to the different servos, possibly a bad push button unit. everything can be accessed thru the bottom of the dash. good luck

Reply to
John Smith