1986 300E leaking steering box.

Hello
I have a leaking steering box( at the steering column end) . My repair manual says leave it to an MB dealer but has instructions for removal. I can
get a complete set of seals for about $15 and a rebuilt box for $400. My skill level is that in the past I have rebuilt a Fiat Uno manual gearbox. Should I try to overhaul myself? Any special tools needed?
Thanks.
SR
I would try to replace the seal myself...these things are not rocket science. If you do screw it up you can always buy the rebuilt box. Going the dealer route is guaranteed to cost a whole lot more. Peter

Sorry about late reply Thanks for your thoughts - I agree.
SR