1986 300SDL

it seems as though our tail lights do not light when head lights are turned on, but the brake lights do work when brake is activated. the fuses look worn, but
fine. i suspect a wire came unplugged due to driving on some very bumpy streets. any ideas where i could look for a loose wire, and where to plug it into?
thanks
There are a couple of things to look at. I assume you that when you put the light on even in the parking (position 2) position that they do not work either. I also assume the front parking lights ARE working, but here are something's to look at. 1. It is possible the bulbs themselves need replacing. 2. The connections within the taillight housing are corroded or dirty, and not allowing proper contact. 3. The fuse needs to be replaced.