1986 300sdl question

Hello my wife has a 1986 300 sdl turbo and I have to remove the shifter plate(wood) to check the window switches one stoped working...does anyone know how to remove it with out breaking it...thanks in advance
Will
Piece of cake. All you need is a phillips screwdriver. Open ashtray, remove insert. Remove the 2 screws holding ashtray assembly in. Remove ashtray assembly by pulling out of console. Lift out coin tray from front edge 1st, it hooks into wood on back edge.. Now shifter wood slides forward and lifts up.