1986 560SEC Tire size?

I just bought an 86 560SEC. The tires are 225/60-15, which are obviously wider than original because the spare cover in the trunk will not close. Also, I do not like the appearance or handling.
I did not get a manual with the car. Can anyone tell me the proper tire Size? And incidentally, where to acquire a manual?
Correct tire size for your car should be 205 65R 15

Right... however, you can go 215-60R15 which is totally acceptable. I'd prefer this size to the original size.
For your information. when I had my 380SE. I had 225-60R15 for 11 years before I upgraded to 16" wheels and when I sold it, it also had 225-60R15.

Agreed. Just use the stock size for the spare.
try: www.books4cars.com
permission.
try: http://www.tmcpubl.com//mercedes.html
permission.
The manual is two cd's full of pdfs. You can get them on ebay.