1987 260 E tachometer not working

Hi all,my tachometer isn't working sinc I own this car 5 yrs ago.Very much appreciated if someone could advice me how to fix it.Understand this is driven by cable????????

No, it's an electric tach. Check its connections.
Agreed... my tach when haywire and the fix was pulling the cluster, unplugging it, and plugging it back in. 100% revival.
-Mike