1987 300E Ride Height

What is the preferred way to lower my 1987 300E that sits high? I don't want to give up ride quality, but it looks like a 4-wheel drive there is so much air above the tires in the wheel wells.
What kind of costs . . . is it worth it for a $2,500 car?
Spring sets are around $225 and I believe it cost around $300 to have them installed.
The ride will be stiffer but not uncomfortable stiff. I did it on my older car and I love the way it rides and handle. It is a comfortable upgrade.
I will be doing the same thing to my current car. 95 E300D.
Go with Eibach... you can't go wrong with it. Just make sure you don't pay too much for shipping... it is expensive as it is heavy... 35 lbs for the kit... some place charges rediculously high.