1987 300E seat memory module, ...BYPASS SURGERY NEEDED...

I have a terrible problem and desperately need help.
My 87 300E seat memory module under the front seat is dead.
My mechanic took the module from his 300E and put it in and everything
works fine, so we know it's definitely the module.
So far I've had 2 different parts yards send memory modules and all (4) units were defective.
A new one is $700.00 from the dealer and I haven't found one on Ebay or the internet for my car.
Is there any way to bypass the memory and have the door switch and telescopic wheel work?????
SO far I've got $300.00 in labor and it looks like this seat thing is going to set me back a thousand. I'm drowning......
Thanks
Joe
87 300E 87 300SE
Joe, We have used ones for $ 150 plus shipping. E-mail me the part number of your original modul. Martin Autobahn Auto.