1987 300E Thermostat stuck open?

Hi
I have a funny feeling that my thermostat is stuck open and was wondering if there is any simple test to determine if it is open>
I just drove home about 35 miles doing 70 mph on the freeway. The gauge
never got above 60C, the weather here is 52F = 11C
I would expect the gauge to go up to at least 80 or 90C
Does the 197 300E run this cold or is the thermostat stuck open and the car never heats up?
Thanks
Thermostat is definitely broken... not stuck open. MB thermostat when not working right either has been modified by drilling holes or is broken... Change it as soon as possible.
You're correct; the motor needs a new thermostat.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.