1987 300E thinking of changing tire sizes

Hi I am think of changing my tires from original 195/65-15 to 225/60-15. Will these fit on 1987 300E? What are the pros and cons of this? I believe the
con would be a errant speedo reading by about 3% if they fit. Any other ideas or suggestions. I would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks, J
Unless I am doing the math wrong it seems to be about a 6% difference. My concerns would be the reduced gas mileage due to the increased rolling resistance and adequate fender clearance in the front. I upgraded the tire size on my 190e 2.6 and don't sense any improvement in handling etc. Front fender clearance seems tight. I noticed a spot on the interior fender well top where the tires have rubbed slightly on occasion when the suspension bottomed out. I would not bother to do it again Peter

Thanks. What is the factory size on the 190? and what did you change to?

I get 2.53% difference; the 60 series is a bigger tire:
http://mbz.org/sys/tires?tires_section 5&tires_aspecte&tires_rim&t1_section"5&t1_aspect`&t1_rim
They say stick to within 2%. This is probably still ok.
My car cam with 14's and I upgraded to 15's which worked much better, then I upgraded to 16's and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD what a difference. No decrease in ride confort (surprising) and it handles like it's on rails now. Highly recommended.
2.6% slower..... but why do you want to go over an inch wider? More turning resistance on your steering. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Thanks.
I think it would provide better handling, faster 'turn-in', smoother, quieter ride? Thoughts?
2.6% slower..... but why do you want to go over an inch wider? More turning resistance on your

This link explains impact of tire sizing. http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/brochure/info/helpDeskTireDimensions.jsp It is raining right now. The 190E got evicted from the garage temporarily. I will look at the tires tomorrow and give you the size Peter

No worries. Thanks.

For the 190E 2.6 MB recommends 185 65 . I used the Michelin P 195 65 which theoretically results in a change of 11.5 cm dia.
Peter

215/60's are as far as I would go. They look nice and are only slightly larger in height (129 vs 126.75), BUT>>>> I run 205/60's because I have a friend with 215's, and he see's a little scrub now and then, plus the wheels are heavier, which affects the ride. The 205/60's ride real nice and handle great.