1988 MB 420SEL Paint Code

I have located the paint code information tag under the hood by the radiator now what number is the correct one to order paint from????? Thanks for any help, Tim.

Reply to
mercmerc

May have been easier for us if you had hinted at the colour you think it is; "dark blue" for example ;)

Check this out and match it to one of the three digit numbers on the information plate:

300 Essie
Reply to
300 Essie

I did not [put the color in the message because I am not sure it is correct....It is a light blue with dark blue leather interior, the vehicle has had some right front damage and the passenger front and rear doors do not match...they are close but not exact and I want to correct this issue with the auto...it is too nice a vehicle to have this little blemish on it. I have been on the site you are refering to but none of those numbers look like what I am seeing on the tag....the numbers they are giving ar 5 digit....my numbers are 6 and 3 digits long and other variations of numbers as well...what am I missing? Tim

Reply to
mercmerc

Is it a plate like this?

Standing in front of the car, hood of course open ;-) , on top the radiator with the chrome cap, to the left the hood lock. On that plate the colour code is the 473 at the lower left of the plate - which number do you have at the same position?

Juergen - 1982 W123 colour code 473 = Champagne

mercmerc wrote:

Reply to
Juergen .

Actually, if you are going to repaint it yourself... I suggest you take the car or the part to that paint shop and have them scan the color of your car so there is no big disparity in color between your original and new.

Reply to
Tiger

I saw a site somewhere a while ago that had an info plate with all the option codes. This would let you work out exactly what options your car came with, the colour, etc etc... but I have forgotten the URL and I didn't bookmark it :( If anyone knows the URL, could you post it.

300 Essie
Reply to
300 Essie