1988 MB Power Antenna Trouble

Any suggestions on what to look for in problems with the original power antenna unit.....it was going up and down fine and then it got sporatic and npow it will not come up at all....I have not pulled it from the car
yet. I am also looking for the bushing that seals the antenna where it comes through the body can anyone help with locating this part? Tnx, Tim
First make sure your antennae switch is full on position... then have someone turn on and off the radio... if you hear the motor but no movement., then possibly two thing is bad... the antennae spline is broken (not likely) or the belt is worn out.
If no motor sound, then you need to check if there is voltage by the harness plug on the antennae motor.
If it still works... I suggest you clean up the antennae with WD-40...
I think I have found the issue with the antenna, I pulled the unit out of the car and took it apart...all the gearing, belt and worm gear seem to be in good shape, I can raise the antenna by hand and retract it as well but the circuit board has a bad burnt spot on one side, can you buy the circuit board for this unit or do you have to buy the whole antenna?, Tnx, Tim
Resolder that joint and add more solder and see if it solve the problem.
No one sell the individual parts for it... they want you to buy a rebuilt one or new one.
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 20:08:34 -0400, "mercmerc"

Parts for this are available at www.antennaworld.com, including the fender bushing and the circuit board. Also might be available at Walter Odemer Company, at http://www.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net/index.html
HTH
You can get the fender bushing at a Benz dealer. The price is so low that it's fine even at a dealer. Richard