1989 300CE valve stem seals and guides or just seals

This car has 125K miles on it. Do you recommend that I change just the deals or both the seals and guides. 2 of my plugs get fouled up every 3-4K miles.

Thanks for any responses.

Reply to
splashthepot

If the guides are not loose from the valve head, then just try the seals. The engine has too little of mileage to give you that kind of problem... two cylinders fouling could also means bad fuel distributor... are you positive it is oil? 3 to 4000 miles is most likely to be fuel distributor... if the seals is already bad... it would have plugged it within a thousand miles.

Reply to
Tiger

It could also be your spark plug wires.

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger,

Thanks for the responses. I had my mechanic pull the plugs and it was definitely oil. I had the wires changed recently along with the rest of the ignition components.

Reply to
splashthepot