1989 300E AC

Im the type of person who thinks that its better for the car to not use the AC....Just roll down the windows... We used the AC a couple times last year on the parkway, and it is ice cold (on 100F days) and was ice cold
today. Is there anything I can do to kerp the system going. One dope use to spray all of his electric componets down with some spraying CRC every month. I did it on my Alfa Spyder and I kept getting dust and sand on the stuff. Anyway I just flushed the motor out and put the good red coolant in the engine. 1 more question- While driving the thermostat reads below the 80c, but when im stopped for a minute, it starts to climb over the 80C mark, is this normal.
-thanks- charlie
Temp behavior is normal. As for your AC and any car component, in general: some components, like rubber seals, age whether you drive the car or not. So enjoy your frosty AC and don't worry.