1989 300E AC/Heater blower

Hello all,
I understand that the blower motor in this car isn't much fun to replace, so I am asking for some help to make sure the motor is bad.
1. For about two years, the fan motor would intermittently squeak.
2. For the last 3 months, it would take about 5 seconds to spin up.
3. Now, it will only come on for 5 minutes, and only in the morning when the temp outside is below 72.
I am suspecting the motor because of it's past performance. The AC/Heat work, but you gotta move pretty fast to get airflow. I have tried the "under dash wack", but to no avail. This baby has 241,000 miles on it, and I know the AC has been used alot, since my dad went to the trouble of having the AC converted.
One last question. If it is the motor, should I go with just a new motor, or motor with fans? There is only a $30.00 difference.
Thanks, Thom 1989 300E
If only $30 difference... go for it.
Thanks, I assume you think it is the motor too?
You have to replace the motor... definitely.
I believe the blower motor on W124 is similar to W201. If so, yes, it is more difficult than other models but not terrible. The procedure described in the manual looks more difficult than it actually is.
From the symptom, I would suspect the motor. If it's $30 differnce, definitely go for the motor with fans. The time saving and risk to break fans is much more 'expensive' than $30.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks,
I ordered a manual from Haynes of UK a while back. Can you believe that with as many 124's as there are in the US that they do not have an American version on sale here. It cost me 15.99BP plus shipping (just over 40 bucks US), but it describes the procedure real well. Now I get to learn how the Brits speak (Boot, Bonnet, renew, etc...)
Already ordered the motor and fans from ol Rusty. I look forward to having some air back in the car by the weekend.
Well, replacing the motor didn't work. Is it fairly straight forward to test the power from the dash switch and regulator?