1989 300E still use distributor?

Hello, could someone please tell me if the engine in this model year 1989 300E still uses distributor technology or does it use Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)?

Well, I'm not too familiar with the 300E, but I looked at a parts website (www.buymbparts.com) and saw that there is a fuel distributor for a 1989 300E that one can buy (seriously expensive btw), so that makes me think the car uses a distributor. Richard

I guess that means its not as fuel effient as an EFI engine. I wonder how well these engine runs with the distributor. I mean does it cut off often? Or I guess mercedes engineering does a very good job of timing everything properly.