1989 300E (W124) have valve adjustment?

I always assumed that the valves in the above are self adjusting. Can someone confirm that for me please?
cheers, guenter

Guenter Scholz wrote:

They are self adjusting.
Rob

thanks Rob, I'm trying to pin down any and all possible causes for a lousy idle. After 'fiddling' I seem to be only making things worse. Now when starting the car, rather the idle at 80 or 900 like it used to, it simply stalls instantly,,,, can't understand it.
cheers, guenter

again, thanks for that Tiger. I'm beginning to grasp at straws re the lousy idle of my '89 300E. Most recently, after starting easily, it simply dies.... doesn't even try and hesitate and attempt to idle. After 'slowly' taking foot of gas pedal I can eventually get it to idle very roughly around 500 rpm or less... and it's die at the slightest provocation such as putting it into drive. Just a few days ago, when cold, it used to idle correctly around 800 or 900. Stopped doing that compeltely. Checked all the hoses, sprayed propane around with no affect (except if I spray it into the air intake). Replaced the O2 sensor and it works as it should judging by the scope and direct voltage readout.... cleaned the air bypass valve which works when applying voltage directly.... Cleaned the distributor cap again I did notice though that all the points were quite pitted and some oxide was showing on them as well. I guess the next step is to simply replace it to see what that will do.... I just don't get it.
cheers, guenter
You need to check the timing chain. Follow the factory service manual on this matter.