1989 560 sel blower not working

Hi,I have tried to find a solution to my problem,on this forum an didn't find one I have a 89 560 sel daily driver and one day with the a/c on,th blower just stopped working.The a/c still let cold air in whil
driving(compressor still working).I pushed all buttons with no resul in any change.When home I checked the fuses for a/c and blowe fuse(strip 30 amp) and all are good.30 amp strip I replaced las year.Tested all fuses and power is going to them I took blower motor out and checked it for power,no power going t it.Blower works fine when connected to battery directly Was wondering if the blower regulator would be the problem and where could find it

In car thermostat? (I think it that year it is up above the windshield bye the map light).
No... I think it is in the engine compartment... do a search on what the part look like... hopefully you can score a cheap one on ebay... these thing are rediculously priced.
New can be had for $150... used $75 on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCEDES-BLOWER-RESISTOR-W126-1268205310-560SEC-420SEL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33545QQihZ004QQitemZ140138620040QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
Just had my blower fixed. I also have a 1989 560 SEL. My mechanic found a in line fuse for blower blown. Replaced the fuse and the blower works just fine.
Just my @ cents worth

> mus098 wrote
> Hi,I have tried to find a solution to my problem,on this forum an didn't find one > I have a 89 560 sel daily driver and one day with the a/c on,th blower just stopped working.The a/c still let cold air in whil driving(compressor still working).I pushed all buttons with no resul in any change.When home I checked the fuses for a/c and blowe fuse(strip 30 amp) and all are good.30 amp strip I replaced las year.Tested all fuses and power is going to them > I took blower motor out and checked it for power,no power going t it.Blower works fine when connected to battery directly > Was wondering if the blower regulator would be the problem an where I could find it
I have found the problem why blowe
didn't work.Seems to be the ignition switch that gives no power t the 30 amp strip fuse.I disconnected the lead and bridged from m power seat fuse and blower works again
Ahh... the ignition switch. Good diagnostic work!