1989 560SL Blower Motor

Hello everyone,
In the last few weeks, I've noticed that the blower motor in my '89 560SL has begun to squeak, primarily on low speed. It first started to
squeak softly and intermittently, and then more as time passed. Two days ago, the blower stopped working completely, and I noticed immediately that the fuse was blown. I replaced it, and it's working again, but squeaking more than ever now, and even on high speed. It sounds to me like the motor is beginning to bind up and is now drawing more power than it should, which is causing the fuse to blow.
I guess it's time for a new blower motor, but I don't know where the current one is located, or even if it's something I can replace myself. I'd like to save some money on this repair, and if it's user accessible without the help of a mechanic, i'm ready to try.
Can anyone tell me how to find my blower motor, and also, recommend a place to get one inexpensively?
Thanks in advance.
Try the www.sl107.com, you might find good specific 107 info there. They have a message board.
at 11:15 AM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (D. Sutton) said:

Fred Emmerich
On 16 Dec 2003 11:15:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (D. Sutton) wrote:

if it is the same as my w107 1980 450SL, when you pop the hood, way at the back is a black rectanglular cover, maybe 6 inches deep and 18 inches wide? Take the screws off that and remove it and the blower motor is down in that box. It has been a while since i did mine, but i believe there are 6 nuts holding it down (3 across the front and 3 across the back) and a plug at one end. Using the Haynes manual and never having done it before, i was done in 30 minutes, Local shop wanted $800 for the job. Dealer wanted $420 just for the part! I got the part from ADSITCO for about $275.

My blower motor went last year on my 1985 190-d. The blower motor is located behind the battery past the wall you can't see it you have to take the wall down this is not a easy job. It is a busch blower motor you might be abel to buy it at Napa store Good Luck Tom