1990 200E - some small questions

If anyone out there can help with this, it would be great. I took ownership of a 1990 200E last week and all is well with it apart from the following
1. The boot light - when I open the boot the light doesn't come on. The bulb is fine (I replaced it) and the fuses are all fine. Should I check the boot switch or is it likely to be wiring problem? 2. The cabin light doesn't come on when the driver's door is open but it does when the passenger door is open - is this another switch issue or a wiring issue? 3. The buzzer doesn't come on when the headlights are left on and the driver door is opened, yet it works when the passenger door opens and the headlights are left on - is this again related to the switch on the driver's door.
Thanks again in advance for anyone that replies. I'd like to get this excellent machine back to as best condition as I can.
Adrian
Replace that driver door switch and it should resolve the problem itself.
I suspect that #2 and #3 are due to a faulty (or missing) "warning device" which is wired to the driver's door, but not the passenger door and the cabin entry light. It also warns of headlights being left on after engine shut down. Device is under the dashboard, near the steering column. You may understand why it's missing, if it is, after you learn its cost.
#1 is probably related to the boot switch, broken wire etc.
permission.
Mr Funduro wrote:

I think the boot light has permanent 12v, the switch is in the wire to mass. You might check one of the lamp connectors with a volt meter connected to mass.
If you get 0 volts on the meter the prob is in the plus lead, if you get 12v it's in the mass connection or the switch.
(sounds like a bunch of broken switches to me...)
Ximinez
Thanks for all the help everyone. I have a some great leads to investigate.
Adrian
Switch for the trunk light - will replace. Driver's door switch seems fine so may just leave that. Thanks for the help Adrian