1990 300CE instrument cluster removal

I've seen posts here about removing the instrument cluster from various models, but they don't seem to quite apply to my 90 CE. The puling of the panel is not the problem, but how to get slack in the speedpo cable. I removed the lower carpet, but it doesn't seem to be clipped or retained in any way. Is loosening from under the car the only way?

Thanks

Reply to
Mary Contrary

I believe one needs to reach the speedometer cable's connection to the speedometer from underneath the dash board. I was able to unscrew the connection by reaching along side the cluster but later had to reconnect it by reaching up from below - 300SD experience. Expect some scrapes to your arm.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

If it is like some the 190 2.6 you may have to loosen the cable at the transmission just to get enough slack to pull the cluster out enough to unfasten the speedo cable. Mike

Reply to
mdsimon80

In article , "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to