1990 420SEL Tire Recommendations

It's about time for a new set of tires. Some time ago I recall a thread on the subject, but I was unable to find anything with a Google search. I remember a discussion regarding ride versus handling. Can anyone suggest
what tires I should be considering. As an old fart, I'm more concerned with the ride than the handling.
Thanks in advance.
John
Why not just get the Michelin energy series tires. They are worth the money. I have had good luck with them and they handle and ride well. I think they are mxv4 or something like that. KH

with
Kevin,
The MXV4's are what I put on the car 60,000 miles ago and they've treated me very well. I just think I remember a past statement on this group that these are not the best riding tires in the store. Maybe I dreamed it! John

on
I hate Michelins... expensive and not good traction... they are basically a long lasting dress shoes. Try the Bridgestone RE950 for all season flavor. I do not recommend all season tires at all... but for the majority of you... it is all season though.
The energy series Michelins wear well and ride well. They offer superb traction but apparently there are better tires out there. I have stuck with what works for me and that is the Michelin. A great source for customer rated reviews of tires can be found at the tire rack. www.tirerack.com I went there and found that one set of Bridgestone's they offered were rated better for ride than the Michelins but at a similar cost. Go check out the tire rack for reviews and then buy some tires at your local discount tire or Costco or the like. That's what I usually do.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M13921476
KH

I just put BF Goodrich T/As on our 91 300SE. Very reasonable price, nice ride, handle fine on the W126. Good compromise.
One of our W210s has Michelin MXV4 Green-X and I cannot wait 'til they wear out - very noisy and harsh ride.
Scott D

with
Noisy and harsh? Wow, maybe your tires are cupped lol. Seriously that amazes me. Either that or I am crazy. Harsh and noisy are my Jeep Goodyear MTR tires. I guess it depends on what you are comparing to. KH

on
I currently have a set of kumho's on my 87 300E (195/65R15) and am very happy with them. prior to that I had a set of pirelli's(sp?) (205/65/R15) that handled fairly well. I went with the kumho's primarily because of cost (paid $165 for the four), but they have handled and lasted just as well as the michelins that were on the car before the pirellis.
And I didn't have to spend $650 for them. : )

thread
suggest
Hmmm. KH

concerned