1990 500 SL wheels

Hi Everybody,
I am posting this on behalf of my brother. He has a 1990 500 SL and he tells me that there is something special with the off sets for the
wheels. He is looking for after market wheels, something a little flashier.
Any links or ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Tod DeBoice thevoice (at) webshadows (dot) com
Nothing that special. For the W129 chassis, you need anywhere between 15 and 25mm offset for any wheels going from 7 to 8" width regardless 16, 17, 18, 19 or eve 20" wheels.
If you are going staggered wheel setup, then you will need 40mm offset for the rear assuming your width size is 9.5"
Discount Tires Direct has some nice AMG replica for sale at very reasonable size.
Also, you can use any MB wheels you want as long you fall in between the offset sizes I listed above.