1990 Mercedes 300sel radio problems

hello everyone...i have a 1990 300sel with 130k on it...the radio recently has been acting quirky...everytime the radio is off; the CODE reading comes up...i have to punch that in to get the radio to work...anyone here
know why it is doing that? Also, the radio antenna suddenly stopped working. It was working great up until now. I even lubricated the mast a little bit to prevent friction.
Thank you very much... Charlie, NJ 02 E 320 90 300SEL
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.auto.mercedes / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
As a test, I suggest you raise the antenna to listening height and then unplug its motor unit. Then drive the car normally. This will check if the problem originates from the antenna, or not.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.

mexico 2000?