1990 Mercedes 500SL Powersteering

My wife wishes that the steering on the above would be lighter. It seems normal to me but it is heavy for her. She hijacks my E320 CDI Estate regularly as it has something called "Parameter steering" and
is much lighter. Is it possible to get a Kit or Conversion for the 500SL to have this same Parameter steering???
Bruno
The newer car has rack and pinion steering - a different system.
Steering can be made lighter. The first way is to add a couple pounds of air to the tires - all of them so the front / back slip ratio is maintained. If specification is say, 27 Front and 30 Rear try 29 / 32.
The front suspension geometry is adjustable, specifically the caster angle. Decreasing it while remaining within the specification range will reduce steering effort and make the steering feel lighter.
All that said, perhaps she really just wants a newer car, the 1990 is now 14 years old.

What kind of tires do you have on the front and what's their inflation pressure? If they're good for 44lbs you might try higher inflation pressure. Keep it in line with the ratios suggested on the door sticker.