1991 190E has hard timing starting

I have a 1991 190e and it has a difficult time starting when cold. After it warms up, no problem, but starting up after letting it cool down for a few hours is tough. Could this be a starter problem?

thanks in advance

Reply to
ghm

Unlikely if the motor is cranking at full speed. More then likely a fuel deficit caused by bad temp sensor? Or if there is an cold start injector that could be whacked...

Good Luck, Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Are these easy to self replace? what is a cold start injector?

Reply to
ghm

It's probably a fair suggestion that you should go to the library and at the very least learn some basics re engines before attempting 'repairs' of any kind.

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

A cold start injector adds some extra fuel for when the car is cold starting. That said, I am under the impression that your car doesn't have this setup?

Not sure though, you probably need a shop manual to help figure this out...

Either way, it sounds like the car either is recognizing the "cold start" situation (ie bad temp sensor) or the above mentioned potential part is not working.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph