1991, 300SL Windshield Wiper Stopping

The windshield wiper occasionally stops during operations. I'm not talking about the intermittent position but when running at low or mid speed. The stopping can occur when the blade is located in any position of its travel arc, including stopping directly in the line of vision. Leaving the switch remain in the on position, the blade will resume operating "normally" until the next episode. I had the motor greased at the last service but this has not help. Has anyone experienced this problem or can explain what needs to be fixed?

Thanks John

Reply to
John