1991 300TDT - cold air

Hi all, my wife is complaining that she cannot completely shut off the flow of cold air from the center dash vents in the car. I took the car for a spin, used the airflow control to close it but it seems that there is indeed an uninterrupted flow of cold air in from the middle dash vents. This appears to occur independently of the selection of re-circulate or any of the other air controls.

Is this a common issue? what is the fix?

Reply to
smoked salmon

I don't know if the 124 climate control is very similar to the 123 climate control system. But in my 300 TDT I had to remove the dash and replace some failed vacuum actuators to repair that same sort of problem.

Paul

smoked salm> Hi all, my wife is complaining that she cannot completely shut off the

Reply to
heav

Whoa that sounds nasty, and is a bit above my skill level / available time.

Reply to
Smoked Salmon

I would first change out the yellow checkvalves by the brake master cylinder... you may have two of them. These checkvalves are for the vacuum controlled devices in our climate control system... make sure there is vacuum there while engine is running.

Reply to
Tiger