1991 350 SDL (Diesel) Engine Replacement

Well.. From my earlier post regarding surging it has been determined that I have a leaking Head Gasket. Yippee. Now the car is in great shape body and
interior. No rust or leather wear. Wood looks good interior. Replace Transmission last year and it has 10k on it. New Shocks and other maintenance stuff done regularly. So the question is.. Do I spend 7grand on a rebuilt Engine with new Cyl heads and rebuilt Injector Pump or do I find a good Auto Auction and send this beast off to sale and cut my losses?
Just get the head gasket replaced, it's no problem on a M603 engine, in my shop we charge $ 1,250 parts and labor, I just did mine 5 months (1993 300SD). Martin Autobahn Auto
Just Do it!
The 350 SDL is a great car. If you are a true diesel enthusiast then you know the value of the car everytime you drive it.
Pacman 83 300D 84 300SD 87 300SDL 90 300SE

and
on a

good
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GHCjr) wrote in message

I got the head gasket on my dad's '91 350SDL replaced at 80,000 miles, and the car now has 150,000 miles on it with no more trouble, at least from the head gasket. Just get the head gasket done. If that is your only problem with the engine then you should be fine for more than a few more years of driving.