1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 4 Dr 300E 4MATIC AWD Sedan - Opinions

I have a opportunity to get a 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300-Class 4 Dr 300E 4MATIC AWD Sedan. And I am wondering what the maintenance cost and any down falls of the AWD system or other systems This particular car has
a history of being hard to start, seems to have had an electrical problem with the fuses. Trying to evaluate if it is a good deal. Not sure about the mileage but probably around 175,000. I have an 1983 240D with 373,000 miles and it is still in pretty good shape.
Thanks for any input.
Johnny's Daddy
Why take on a lot of potential repair expense unless you have real need for AWD. Fixing it isn't an option when it breaks, it's must do.