1992 190E 2.6L ELZ question

I have a '92 MB 190E and recently the check engine light came on. There is not noticable difference in performance, but I would like to get an idea of what's going on. The car does have the old-school
impulse counter so I have been able to get a diagnosis, but it's somewhat cryptic. I get 12 pulses and this is the corresponding trouble code is:
Absolute pressure valves from ELZ ignition control unit.
Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean I should replace my ELZ unit, or is the problem more likely elsewhere. I would like to know a bit more before I have someone look at it.
Thanks, rui