1992 300D transmission "slipping"?

Not sure if "slipping" is the right word, but sometimes while driving (both when the engine and transmission are cold, as well as warmed up
after a few dozen miles), the transmission doesn't engage as soon as I depress the gas pedal.
This causes the engine to rev a bit high (sometimes up to 3k-4k), then the transmission engages and I drive without incident. No unusual noises or anything are experienced, it's just that occasionally the transmission takes a second or two to click in after I depress the gas pedal.
For reference, the engine and transmission both have about 201000 miles on them, and as far as I know neither have been overhauled.
Any thoughts?
I don't believe it's *that* big of a deal, as it happens only intermittently and doesn't interfere with my ability to operate the vehicle safely. No untoward noises, vibrations, or other sensations are emitted that would cause me to worry about the mechanical soundness of the drivetrain. I'm due for an oil change at 203000, so I'm thinking of just waiting until then and taking the car down to the local Mercedes shop I go to for service and having them look at it while they do the oil change.
--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com

Hmm. Would there be any risk of damage by putting that off until my next regularly-scheduled service (about 2k miles)?
--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com