1992 400 SE - ASR Light Comes On

1992 400 SE. The problem is periodically when I start the car the ASR light comes and I shift into gear the car does not move adequately, very slow. Pressing the gas pedal way down, the engine does NOT rev higher; it may all of the sudden grab and the car jerks forward very rapidly requiring immediate release of the gas pedal. The light stays on; the problems remain. The owner's manual mentions the Acceleration Slip Control. (btw, This is happening on dry pavement from a full stop.) Might this be a false reading that is locking the brakes?

To cope with this, I have been turning off the engine and try to restart again. It has taken from one to twelve starts to have the ASR light not come on. Then when I shift into gear the car moves properly.

Does anyone have a list of the trouble codes for this model?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Robert Avery

Reply to
Robert Avery