1992 400E power steering fluid leak

I have been having to fill the power steering reservoir about every 2-3 months. Lately I have noticed that the power steering fluid is leaking onto the serpentine belt. The car is due for an oil change soon, so I want to have this taken care of. I have replaced the gasket and knob on the top of the reservoir, but I think the leak is elsewhere.

What is the best solution? Replace? Rebuild? What should I expect from the dealer's service department? And how much should they expect from me?

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Wash the pump and hoses down. See where exactly the leak is... majority of the time is the gasket on the cap and the return hose (the one with a clamp on it)... if it is the return hose, try taking it out and clip a little off so the clamp is on the meaty part of the hose (not the one that is squished).

Reply to
Tiger

This is a normal problem for the 400E. Just sell the junk heap and avoid some of the other standard problems for it.

mcbrue beentherely under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE