1993 220CE Auto shuddering

Evening All,

I've recently purchased a 93 220 CE Auto, with a scant 83k miles on the clock (looks genuine from the service history).

It's not the fastest car in the world but it seems to run pretty well, apart from one little niggle, when sitting in drive with your foot on the brake the engine seems to idle at a very low rev, typically about 500rpm, and obviously it's not very smooth.

The other day I started it up, parked up a hill, stuck it into reverse and it actually stalled, which I was amazed about. It's been ok since but it seems slightly odd behaviour to me, although I admit I've never driven an auto before.

The other question is how smooth should the gear changes be? sometimes I barely notice them but some of the changes are like someone giving you a good kick in the back! Is that normal? I'm surprised anyone in the "luxury" market would have accepted that even 13 years ago!

On a less important note, does anyone know if it's possible to retro-fit rear headrests in one of these and also did the coupes ever get fitted with the electric rear-blinds? Also which models had the leather and wood steering wheel? The black wheel is not quite pimped enough for me! :-)

Cheers, LHC.

Reply to
The LHC

As for the tranny and engine... I think you got a vacuum leak... you need to check every vacuum hose... make sure they are tight by trying to remove and reinsert.

As for all the options, yes you can put them in.

Reply to
Tiger

"Tiger" wrote in news:M0Wng.974$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.lga:

ah ok, that sounds a lot less expensive than I was expecting! thanks.

excellent...

Cheers! LHC.

Reply to
The LHC