1993 300e blower motor

Fan speed only increases slightly when placed on high or auto. Also there is no increase in speed when defrost is pushed on. I assume that it is either a regulator or the blower motor but both are expensive parts and a pain to install. Any other possible suggestions that would cost me less time or money

Reply to
Warren

by Motorbooks.

Good luck.

Warren wrote:

Reply to
Kennith.Hensley

...and if the replaced resistors blow again ...it's a worn motor, or rather it drawing too much power

I would try resitors first...then motor...might give u another 6 months or so..I mean the car of course :O)

happy thanksgiving to all

"Warren" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich
93 has transistor variable trigger switching regulator.\ for blower speed control
Reply to
AJDalton7

Unfortunately the regulator for a 93 is mounted on a heat sink under the blower motor. It is both a time consuming and expensive replacement $1000-1300. You usually wind up replacing both the motor as well as the regulator as the motor could be drawing too much power. My question was along the lines if anyone knows where to aquire just the regulator by itself.

Reply to
Warren