1993 300e blower motor

Fan speed only increases slightly when placed on high or auto. Also there is no increase in speed when defrost is pushed on. I assume that it is either a regulator or the blower motor but both are expensive
parts and a pain to install. Any other possible suggestions that would cost me less time or money
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030704070702000405030502 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Warren, I have a manual for your car, Mercedes W124 1985-1995, Owners Workshop Manual, which says the climate control fan speed is controlled by four dropping resistors mounted on the left side of the firewall behind the brake booster. There is a protective grill over the resistors. For the highest speed the dropping resistances are switched off. I have no idea what the resistors cost, but it sounds like a fairly simple task IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM.
PS: The manual I mentioned is published by TECHNIBOOKS and distributed by Motorbooks.
Good luck.
Warren wrote:

--------------030704070702000405030502 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------030704070702000405030502--
93 has transistor variable trigger switching regulator.\ for blower speed control
Unfortunately the regulator for a 93 is mounted on a heat sink under the blower motor. It is both a time consuming and expensive replacement $1000-1300. You usually wind up replacing both the motor as well as the regulator as the motor could be drawing too much power. My question was along the lines if anyone knows where to aquire just the regulator by itself.

...and if the replaced resistors blow again ...it's a worn motor, or rather it drawing too much power
I would try resitors first...then motor...might give u another 6 months or so..I mean the car of course :O)
happy thanksgiving to all