1993 Mercedes 190E gas,will not start please help

Ok, we have a 1993 Mercedes 190E model, believe it is the 2.3 L. About 3 months ago it quit while someone was driving it. So it was parked while we found time to work on it, we tried starting it one evening and
it fired up fine, ran for five minutes and then quit. It has not started since, it does crank. We have done the following and are out of ideas:
Changed the distributor cap New rotor button New coil New crank sensor
The problem we have narrowed down to after all of this is that it is still not getting spark/fire to the plugs. I have tested to see if it has an alarm (by locking doors with window down, from outside with a key, reach in pulled the plunger and opened the door. Also tried just pulling the inside handle, neither time did the alarm go off if it has one), assuming it does we've been told this could be the problem. Thing is, we don't know where it is located or what to check on it. Also, assuming it doesn't have a security system, what else could be the cause? Please post any ideas, as we are near taking it to a mechanic and would rather not cough up all the $$$. Thanks!
jlee snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Fuses, replace all of them first, then see if the wiring harness is frayed by cutting some plastic by the injectors. They used biodegradable insulation from 89-93 because the US said they had to. Once they short your screwed about 600 new becuase you probably wont find a good one used. Once you try that email me.
macdrone wrote:

Does that mean they didn't use biodegradable wiring on euro models?
Ximinez
The Spanish Inquisition wrote:

As far as I know they used it on all model, they only had one place pumping out the wiring back then.
Overload relay fuse... overload relay and fuel pump relay... all located behind your battery behind the black plastic cover.