1993 mercedes 300 E Starting problem

My car will not start. There is power to everything but when I turn the key, there is no click or sound at all. We checked the kill switch on the tranny. The reverse lights go on when put in reverse, wiggled
the shifter, and tried in neutral but still no luck. Any suggestions.
Thanks! Eggnog
Yes try replacing all the fuses (first good start to any mb fix 10 dollars goes a long way), then the battery cables take them off and clean the terminals, then the starter/solenoid if those havent fixed your problem and replace that neutral safety switch, if its bad its bad moving it wont help. After that tallk to me again. Even if you replace all this your still not spending alot. My question is have you replaced your alternator or engine wiring harness yet? Those are huge culprits from 1988-1995

macdrone wrote:

Not '88 surely? This period seems to get larger and larger and now it seems ready to swallow up my cars!
This article says 91 to 96:
http://users.adelphia.net/~infoage1/complaints_nhtsa_mercedes_wiring_harness_failures_1991_1996.html
Ximinez
Try rowing your gears back and forth... see if it will start in park or neutral... or somewhere neaby... like half way of neutral and reverse... you have to hold the gear level.
If no go, then I would check the starter... whack it with a hammer and then see if it will start in Park.