1994 E300D Heater stuck on maximum.

I have a problem with the heater on my 1994 E300D. Irrespective of the position of either of the temperature thumbwheels, the heater appears to be set to maximum temperature. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where the fault might lie?

Reply to
alanc

What about the airflow? Is it in Defrost vent regardless of setting? If so, then check the vacuum hose to the yellow checkvalves by the brake master cylinder. Make sure vacuum is good.

Do you have any other vacuum related problem?

Reply to
Tiger

The airflow control appears to be working OK as does all of the fan speeds

"Tiger" wrote

Reply to
alanc

I have an 82 300 TDT with version III of the auto climate control. I am guessing your '94 has a similar system. On vehicles with manual heat you move a lever that is connected via a cable to a valve that controls the flow of coolant theough the heater core.

On an automatic system an electrically controlled valve opens and closes when current is passed through an electrical coil/solenoid.

The valve can get contamination or sludge of some kind in it and then stick. Also there is a check valve that can get stuck open.

You should be flushing and renewing your antifreeze coolant on a annual basis, or crap will build up in the system and start ruining things like the auto control valve on your heater core.

Replac> I have a problem with the heater on my 1994 E300D. Irrespective of the

heav

I would take it to dealer... they can scan the climate control system to tell them what is wrong and then they can repair accordingly. I suspect the monovalve is bad but I don't see it on part list at online stores.

Reply to
Tiger