1994 E420

I have the op. to buy a 1994 E420. It has 130kmiles onit just had the

120kmiles engine service. Where can I go to learn more about the e420. Are they dependable? I?m upgrading from a BMW e30 to the 420. also he wants my old bimmer plus 5500 is that a rip off? Seems fair. I drove it everything works as it should. How much would MB charge to inspect the car? SHould I go to a reg. garage for an inspect? How are the service/repair cost for example...water pump rad ./....which parts should I keep an eye on

over

Reply to
noobie_E420

They are dependable but they still have two distributors in their ignition system. Most of the ones I've seen also seem to run on the hot side. You can modify the fan clutch to make them run cooler. Parts prices can be bad compared to the E320 cars. You're probably looking at a $9,500 car. What are your bimmers worth?

Reply to
VCopelan

They are dependable but they still have two distributors in their ignition system. Most of the ones I've seen also seem to run on the hot side. You can modify the fan clutch to make them run cooler. Timing chains can also wear on these engines so I would have the chain checked for wear. Parts prices can be bad compared to the E320 cars. You're probably looking at a $9,500 car. What are your bimmers worth?

You might buy the Mercedes E Class Owners Bible by Stu Ritter. It will give you some good pointers on these cars.

Reply to
VCopelan

I have an old 325i worth 2500 I will trade it plus 5500 for e420 merc

Reply to
noobie_E420