1994 E420 Engine Oil Gauge Shows No Pressure

Hi all,

I was test driving an 1994 E420 at a used car dealer the other day and noticed that the engine oil gauge's indicator did not move at all during drive nor idling. When I checked the engine oil using dip stick it showed presence of adequite amount of oil. The car ran all right other than that. Is this a serious problem? What's involved in fixing it and rough estimate on costs? Thanks in advance,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Rockman59

Keep in mind the problem may be as simple as the oil filter bypass valv defective. Mind you, if so you should still read a _some_ pressure via your gauge. when this happend to me, my gauge when the engine was cold would typically come up to about 1/4 to 1/2 max.

Reply to
Guenter Scholz