1995 C220 Surges

My 1995 C220 has the following problem. When I approach a stop and get the car below 5 mph, the engine will surge or rev up and down. It also has a problem with starting. When I start it in the morning it start fine. When I come out of work and start it, it will struggle. When I give it gas it stalls. When I restart, it is fine. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Viper

I had a similar problem with a 98 C230. The oxygen sensor may be the culprit. take it to your dealer and let him run a code scan. That might pinpoint your situation.

Sherm

Reply to
<shermank

In this case, you have to do some diagnostic... it can be fuel pump relay... it can be idle control valve if equipped... or you got some vacuum leak. There is alot of thing to check.

Reply to
Tiger

Ok. Thanks for the reply. I now have a new problem that has developed. My turn signals are intermittently working. Sometimes fully working, sometimes making a small crackling sound and somewhat working and then sometimes nothing at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Viper

Usually the signal stalk need replacement.

Reply to
Tiger

Could the signal stalk also cause a problem with the wipers. It seems that when I put it on the intermittent setting is sporadically works like the turn signals.

Reply to
Viper

Yes. it is all together.

Reply to