1995 E320 Sedan elcectrical system buzzing noise

Hi:
This evening, my car would not start. There is a strange buzzing/vibration noise coming from around the ignition/fuse box area. There is no click or
anything when I turn the ignition. My neighbor tried to jump the car. But the battery seems to have power because my lights and everything works fine. Strangely, when I turn on the turn signals, the vibration noise stops.
Thank you very much for any assistance. I am on a very tight budget so I'm hoping this isn't a major problem. About 5 years ago, I replaced the master electronic harness.
Thank you
Dawn
Will the engine turn over? If so, it might just be the fuel pump relay (about $20 for the part) that is buzzing.

I bet the gauges don't work? Replace the broken/bad fuse in the fuse box. That will stop the buzzing. Use a 12v test light to check EACH end of each fuse. If it lights on each end, the fuse is good. If it lights on one end but not the other, fuse bad. If it does not light on either end, don't worry, go to the next fuse [not all fuses have power when the key is on].

I had that happened too... bad battery.