1995 E320 Wagon

I am considering purchasing a silver 1995 E320 Wagon with 131K miles. A local guy in Gainesville wants $14K for it. Is this reasonable? Car appears to be in perfect condition. Car comes with a third seat.
Any problems areas in particular that I should look for?
Best Regards, Raj
I have the same car. Take it to a good MB mechanic and check: - the AC (evaporator leak - can cost ~$1,800) - head gasket ($$$$) - Water pump (can cost ~$750) - There was a TSB on the wiring harness - Suspension (it's a heavy car)
Joel

Joel:
Thanks for your input reg. the E320 wagon. Is 14K reasonable for this car? Apparently blue book retail is 19K. Are you happy with the car? The engine has good throttle response and pulls this heavy car with ease. I liked the way the car drives and handles. I am thinking about buying the wagon to replace my aging Saab9000 hatchback with high miles. I hear that the E320 engine has had more problems than the previous E300 (2 valve/cylinder) iron block/head engine.
Best Regards, Raj
Email: snipped-for-privacy@ufl.edu

The wagon we have is pretty good. My parents had the E300 wagon (1989) and the engine in the E320 (95) seems a lot more powerful. Also, it is a very safe car in the event of an accident (of course the one draw back is the location of the passenger-side airbag since it occupies the space normally used for a glove box).
As for engine problems, I don't know if there is a major difference between the 300 and 320.
Good luck - I hope it works out well for you!
Joel

We have had a '95 E320 Wagon for the past 6+ years. I bought it with 19k miles on it and it now has 96k. It has been a very servicable car with only a few significant problems as follow:
- Water pump had to be replaced at 50k miles - head gasket was replaced at 65k miles - fuse block was replaced (under warranty) - we are now wrestling with a "check engine" light that persists despite replacement of air mass meter and O2 sensor (this is probably a function of the thieving shop rather than the car
This car has taken 2 cross-country trips and is great on the road. Despite the Texas summers the A/C cools very well. My suggestion is get the car checked out by a mechanic and, if okay, buy it and enjoy it. I hope to have my car on the road for another 50K+ miles.
Good luck.
David