1995 e420 bad front wheel bearing

I recently have been hearing bad grinding noises from the left front wheel of my 1995 e420.I strongly suspect a bad wheel bearing. I want to know if
driving it 3 miles to the dealer for repair could cause serious wheel damage. Currently it is not pulling and the wheel is not seized up. Any ideas. Thanks
have you considered that your brake pad could be worn out, and the grinding is metal to metal of your pad against your rotor?