1995 SL320 Engine SN Location?

I need to verify the Engine SN on my SL320. I have looked in all the common places with no luck. I recently had to replace the belt and much to my surprise it requires the
one for the S320 engine. The car is OBDII compliant. Did MB start using S320 engines to meet the Ca. emission standards. Anyway I should be able to figure out what is going on when I find the engine SN. Any help will be appreciated. Peter
Engine serial # is located on the lower right side of the engine block toward the front. You'll see it when you pull your drip cover down. Good luck!
Thanks for the info Pete