1995 SL320 engine wiring harness

Does anyone knowwhat a good price is to replace te engine wiring harness on the 3.2L 6cyl SL320 engine? I can buy the harness itself for $389 from Mercedes.I have hear anywhere from 4 hours to 9 hours labor.I am guessing
that 4 hours is closer to the correct time for a Mercedes mechanic.That would make it $789.Does this sound reasonable? Mercedes does not want to fix it with a courtesy payment because I am the 2nd owner even though it is a factory mistake with the insulation prematurely disintegrating inside the harnesses and causing short circuits everywhere.
I would say that is a reasonable price for the service... Most of the time I keep hearing about $1500 for the replacement... but I don't know for sure. Alot of mechanic charges by flat rate... so whatever their book say, that's what they are going to charge you regardless how long or short it took them.
I have a 94 E320 (very similar under the hood) with the same problem. Dealers & independent shops are quoting about $1000 - 1100 for the job, with harness priced at about $750.
You can go to
http://www.mercedesshop.com/wire_harness/1994_e320_harness.htm
for a detailed look at the labor required. It's a do-it-yourself article with excellent photos.
Please let me know where you received the harness quote, because I think that's a great price. I'd like to order my harness from them.
Rgds,