1996 C280 Auto

Good day
I would appreciate any advice here. I have a 96 C280 and when the automatic box shifts from first to second it does so with a loud and hard "thunk". It is extremely severe under hard acceleration. If you
can get it to change at low engine revs it is quite smooth. I have had the GB serviced by having the filter and oil changed and also improved a little when I put a bit more oil in the box. How easy will be to solve this problem?
Thanks
Greig