1997 300D Horsepower?

I just purchased a 1997 300D. What is the "published" horsepower on this engine? Has anybody increased the hp with addons short of a turbo?

Thanks!

Reply to
Frank Fong
77 HP.

Forget about add-ons.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach
1997 was just 77HP? I thought that in 1995 MB introduced a 134HP diesel engine for the 300-class.

Reply to
Josh

For 1997? That's the same engine as mine... 134HP. and 155 ft-lbs torque.

No performance mod available... you can't simply slap on Turbo to this engine. You got 5 speed tranny which should be set to S(tandard) mode... should be zippy enough.

Diesel are to be driven like a madman when accelerating... and like a grandma when coasting.

Reply to
Tiger

I sure hope it's not 77hp! My first tricycle had more than that. :-(

Reply to
Frank Fong

Now that's more like it! I drive more like a granny than a madman anyway. :)

Reply to
Frank Fong

OOPs -- Missed a couple of decades there - read it and thought 1977!

Thankfully the world has moved beyond 77 HP engines - even if I haven't!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach