1997 C180 Windscreen Washer Reservoir.

I need help in finding what part is missing from my windscreen washer reservoir. It leaks water at the bottom part. When viewed from the front there is a cylindrical indendation, it is at the bottom there is just a

4-5mm hole there. Is something suppose to be there? Obviously yes, this is why water falls out, but what was it, and its purpose? Thanks fellas, appreciate some help, I'm miles from a dealership here in NSW Australia, might have to improvise depending on your responses. Regards, Pete
Reply to
Potaroo

Cars with headlamp washers use a second water pump in the cylindrical indentation, it sucks water from the hole you're describing. Cars without headlamp washers used a rubber plug in the extra hole. In time it gives up and disintegrates.

Reply to
Rob

Thanks Rob that explains it; and youre dead right it has disintegated. Not impressed actually! This vehicle only had 25K on the clock, and nothing but trouble. Had a Mitsubishi Magna for 10 yrs, clocked up 170K on it with nothing falling to pieces. The Aussie car won over the German! Regards Pete

Reply to
Potaroo

Oh, wait. You ain't seen nothing yet! Wait (you won't wait long, either)until the underhood wire harness insulation disintegrates, just like the washer bottle plug. You will have short circuits galore. Engineered like no other car in the world, indeed!

Reply to
Rob

I thought that MB stop using the bio-degradable wiring harness in '95.

Reply to
Josh